What can Barcelona Experts offer you?
Why do our customers book this tour?
- You will discover the series of Las Meninas by Picasso.
- You will walk directly to the Picasso Museum and enter before the crowd arrives.
- Follow the whole story easily as the guide talks through the radio-guide whisper system and you can hear everything perfectly with your earphone.
- Skip the line and entrance fee to the Picasso Museum.
- 45-minute guided tour plus some free time in the Picasso Museum.
- Walking tour around El Born Quarter with licensed guide.
What’s not included
- Food and drinks.
- This is a walking tour.
- The tour ends in Passeig del Born.
What to expect
Be inspired by the first steps of Pablo Picasso as an artist. The museum is the key to understanding the development of this young artist into a genius from 1887 to 1901. It is housed in 5 medieval palaces and was inaugurated in 1963 at the expressed wish of the artist.
The museum has a collection of 4200 pieces of art, we especially recommend:
- Picasso’s full unfolding from a child up to the Blue Period
- A representation of works from 1917
- The series of las Meninas, 1957
- A comprehensive print collection
El Born is one of the most important quarters in Barcelona for the Catalan history it beholds. Discover unique places like el Fossar de les Moreres and learn about the historical background this emblematic place carries. Walk around its narrow streets filled with artisanal boutiques until reaching to the precious basilica of Santa María del Mar (facades). Also, if you’re into fashion, you will not want to miss this quarter, since it has all kinds of fashion stores.
Plaça Catalunya 19 in front of Hotel Olivia Plaza. Please arrive 15 minutes before the starting time, and look for the orange umbrellas!
Why 9 am?
You will be the first to arrive at the Picasso Museum, avoiding all the crowds.
- Departure point in Plaça Catalunya, in front of Hotel Olivia Plaza.
- Picasso Museum
- Picasso’s biggest open air frieze
- Els 4 Gats
- El Born Quarter
- Fossar de les Moreres
- Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar (Facades)
- Artisanal Boutiques
- Fashion Shops
How large is the group?
The absolute maximum is 25 people.
Will I hear the guide easily?
Yes, we use a radio-guide whisper system. You will listen to the guide directly from your earphones.
This is also a neighbor-friendly measure. We are not loud but talk softly through the radio-guides.
Secure and easy booking.
All departures are guaranteed.
You don’t need to print your voucher.